For the treatment of bacterial infections in animals.
INDICATIONS FOR ADMINISTRATION OF DORINUM
For therapeutic purpose to the animals under 9 months of age having:
respiratory and other diseases of bacterial etiology, the pathogens of which are sensitive to doxycycline and rifampicin.
Sterile rifampicin lyophilisate and doxycycline (in a 300 mg vial).
rifampicin Rec.INN registered by WHO;
doxycycline Rec.INN registered by WHO.
1. Trade name of the drug: Dorynum.
International nonproprietary name: doxycycline hydrochloride, rifampicin.
2. Pharmaceutical dosage form: powder for solution for injection. Dorynum as active substances contains doxycycline hydrochloride and rifampicin. Appearance: lyophilized red-brown powder.
3. Dorynum is produced packaged in 60 and 100 mg glass ampoules and 240, 300, 600 and 1,000 mg glass vials of the appropriate volume, hermetically sealed with rubber stoppers and reinforced with aluminum caps. Glass ampoules and vials are packed in 10 pieces in cardboard boxes and supplied with instructions for use.
4. Dorynum should be stored in the manufacturer’s sealed packaging, separate from food and feed, in a dry place protected from direct sunlight, at a temperature of from -20 °C to + 25 °C. The shelf life of Dorynum in unopened packaging with the storage conditions observed is 2 years from the date of manufacture.
It is forbidden to use the drug after the expiration date.
5. Dorynum should be kept out of the reach of children.
6. Unused expired medication should be disposed of in accordance with legal requirements.
7. Dorynum is a complex antibacterial drug.
The antibacterial mechanism of doxycycline is based on the inhibition of protein synthesis at the ribosomal level. Rifampicin blocks RNA synthesis in a bacterial cell by inhibiting DNA-dependent RNA polymerase.
The synergistic effects of rifampicin and doxycycline lead to the death of most gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms, including escherichia, salmonella, pasteurella, staphylococcus, streptococcus, pneumococcus, meningococcus, brucella, bordetella, clostridia, listeria, rickettsia, chlamydia and mycoplasma.
After intramuscular administration of the drug, the components are well absorbed into the blood and penetrate into all organs and tissues of the animal. The peak serum concentration is achieved 1-2 hours after administration and persists for 24 hours.
The drug is eliminated from the body mainly with feces and partially with urine.
Dorynum by its degree of exposure to the body belongs to moderately hazardous substances (hazard class 3 according to GOST 12.1.007-76).
8. Dorynum is prescribed for medicinal purposes to the livestock with colibacteriosis, salmonellosis, gastroenterocolitis, respiratory and other diseases of bacterial etiology, the pathogens of which are sensitive to doxycycline and rifampicin.
9. Dorynum is administered to animals intramuscularly once every 24 hours for 3-7 days, 5-10 mg per kg of animal weight.
Before use, Dorynum is dissolved in a vial to a 3-5% concentration by adding water for injection, or a sterile isotonic sodium chloride solution, or 0.25-1% sterile novocaine solution.
10. Symptoms of overdose have not been established.
11. No specific features of the action during the first administration of the drug and during its withdrawal have been established.
12. In case of missing one or more doses of the drug, resume use in the prescribed dosage and scheme.
13. As a rule, there are no side effects and complications at using the drug. With increased individual sensitivity of the animal to the active components of the drug and the appearance of allergic reactions, the use of Dorynum must be discontinued and desensitizing therapy is to be performed.
14. It is forbidden to use Dorynum simultaneously with medications containing aluminum, calcium, magnesium salts, as well as iron-containing medications, in order to avoid the formation of difficultly soluble complexes.
15. Slaughtering is permitted no earlier than 15 days after the last use of Dorynum. Meat of animals, forcedly slaughtered before the expiration of the indicated periods can be used for feeding animals or for the production of meat and bone meal.
16. When working with Dorynum, the general rules of personal hygiene and safety precautions provided for working with drugs should be observed.
It is forbidden to drink, smoke or eat while working with Dorynum. Face and hands should be washed with warm water and soap, and the mouth should be rinsed with water at finishing the work.
17. In case of accidental contact of the drug with the skin or mucous membranes of the eyes, they should be washed with plenty of water. In case of allergic reactions or in case of accidental ingestion of a drug into the human body, it is necessary to contact the medical institution immediately (with the instructions for use or a label in hand).
18. It is forbidden to use empty vials of the drug for household purposes, they are subject to disposal with household waste.
II. Pharmacological properties
III. Administration procedure
IV. Personal prevention measures